[Larceny-users] GLUT and GL bindings ported from Ypsilon

Eduardo Cavazos wayo.cavazos at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 16:24:26 EST 2009

Raffael Cavallaro wrote:

> I modified your code minimally to use the GL and GLUT frameworks on
> Mac OS X, works nicely. Thanks for this!

Wonderful! I don't have a Mac so I'm greatful for your testing it on
that platform.

The original ypsilon 'gl.scm' has this bit of code to make the library
work on 5 different platforms:

   (define libGL (cond (on-darwin  (load-shared-object
"OpenGL.framework/OpenGL"))
                       (on-windows (load-shared-object "opengl32.dll"))
                       (on-linux   (load-shared-object "libGL.so.1"))
                       (on-freebsd (load-shared-object "libGL.so"))
                       (on-openbsd (load-shared-object "libGL.so.7.3"))
                       (else
                        (assertion-violation #f "can not locate OpenGL
library, unknown operating system"))))

Larceny team, is there a similar form which can be used in our version
of this file?

By the way, just yesterday I noticed that the development branch of
Ikarus includes ports of these same Ypsilon gl and glut libraries.
Things are looking up for OpenGL in the Scheme world. :-)

Ed