[Larceny-users] Ticket 638

Abdulaziz Ghuloum aghuloum at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 01:10:09 EDT 2009

On Apr 22, 2009, at 7:43 AM, Lynn Winebarger wrote:

> At the risk of carrying on an exchange in the wrong forum, I can't
> find such a requirement by R6RS (preventing the importing the
> same name but different bindings at different phases).  What I
> have seen indicates the opposite is true - see the response to
> formal comment #92 for example.

Section 7.1, page 23:

   An identifier can be imported with the same local name
   from two or more libraries or for two levels from the same
   library only if the binding exported by each library is
   the same (i.e., the binding is defined in one library, and
   it arrives through the imports only by exporting and re-
   exporting). Otherwise, no identifier can be imported mul-
   tiple times, defined multiple times, or both defined and
   imported. No identifiers are visible within a library except
   for those explicitly imported into the library or defined
   within the library.

Aziz,,,