[Larceny-users] first steps with Larceny

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 03:13:39 EDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 8:18 AM, Derick Eddington
<derick.eddington at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the problem is caused by this bug in Larceny:
>
> Larceny v0.97a4 (alpha test) (Apr 19 2009 17:48:52, precise:Linux:unified)
> larceny.heap, built on Sun Apr 19 17:50:33 PDT 2009
> ERR5RS mode (no libraries have been imported)
>
>> (import (rnrs syntax-case))
> Autoloading (rnrs syntax-case)
> Autoloading (rnrs conditions)
> Autoloading (err5rs records procedural)
> Autoloading (rnrs exceptions)
>
>> (syntax->datum (syntax (... (... foo))))
> foo  ;; should be (... foo)

That certainly would break sweet-macros.
FWIW, so far, sweet-macros has been able to find bugs in all
R6RS implementations of syntax-case, except mzscheme
(porting to mzscheme was an odissey too, but not
because of bugs in mzscheme, it was just my ignorance
about how the PLT module system works).