[Larceny-users] first steps with Larceny

Derick Eddington derick.eddington at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 19:47:05 EDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-04-19 at 14:23 +0200, Michele Simionato wrote:
> From your code it seems that Larceny's format is unsuitable and I need SRFI 48
> to get a format compatible with the other implementations. Is that right?

That's right.  Larceny's format string directives are not all the same
as other implementations'.  The only ones my
xitomatl/tests/common-tests.sps tests are
'("~~" "~s" "~a" "~b" "~o" "~x").  Looking at
larceny_src/lib/Standard/format.sch, it looks like "~b" is the only one
of those where Larceny differs.

> It seems anyway that sweet-macros do not work out of the box with Larceny (some
> error "Too many ...'s"). I will try to nail the issue down to a simple
> test case.

I know of your
  http://www.phyast.pitt.edu/~micheles/scheme/sweet-macros.zip
but that looks older than the version you described.  Is your latest
version online or would you email it to me?

It sounds like you've already done something like it, but just to
mention it, you can manually load the libraries using `load' from the
`(err5rs load)' library.  I'm able to successfully load the version from
that URL, but I also get `...' problems when trying to use it.

--
: Derick