[Larceny-users] first steps with Larceny

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 05:40:55 EDT 2009

It is a raining Sunday here in Milan, so I have decided to begin
the porting of my R6RS code to Larceny. I was able to
compile the Larceny SVN trunk on my system (Ubuntu Linux 32 bit)
and basic things seem to work. So, I tried to port my sweet-macros library,
which currently is structured as follow:

sweet-macros
  main.sls ;; for ikarus and ypsilon
  main.mzscheme.sls
  helper1.mzscheme.sls
  helper2.mzscheme.sls
  helper2.mzscheme.sls
  test-all.ss

I thought the only needed change was to copy
the files  main.mzscheme.sls, helper1.mzscheme.sls,
helper2.mzscheme.sls,  helper2.mzscheme.sls
by substituting mzscheme with larceny;  however,
apparently it does not work. Does Larceny look
at the main file in the directory, as it is the case
in all the other R6RS implementations?

I have another question too.
I am writing a compatibility library and I would
like to know from where can I import things
like  format, printf ,pretty-print and gensym.
I assume larceny has some internal library
providing these features, but I cannot find it
by skimming the user manual.

Thanks for your help,

           Michele Simionato