[Larceny-users] Using git with larceny's repository

Lynn Winebarger owinebar at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 16:24:22 EDT 2009

Hello,

I've started using git to track the larceny repository.  Since
larceny's build process is really geared to happen in place, it seems
like I'm either going to have to a dance with copying the directory
after a build and then clearing the build by checking out the last
committed version, or I need to set up the "exclude" file and
.gitignore files to ignore autogenerated and object files.

It seems like the easiest way to do this is to just exclude
(a) *.[ac]h  and then negate the specific file instances that aren't
autogenerated
(b) *.l[ao]p
(c) *.o, *.fasl, *.slfasl
(d) Makefile
(d) a bunch of specific exclusions that we know are autogenerated

Has anyone already worked out that file (and would be willing to share it)?
I also noticed that the results of the sassy tests are in the
repository while poking around.

Thanks,
Lynn