[Larceny-users] load time for SRFI 19

William D Clinger will at ccs.neu.edu
Thu Apr 16 14:39:15 EDT 2009

Eduardo Cavazos wrote:
> While I did find a workaround for my local system, it would be nice to
> have this fixed in the mainline. Do you think this is doable?

I'm pretty sure that the public v0.97 release will include
a script that compiles the most important R5RS libraries
as well as the ERR5RS/R6RS libraries.  I am almost as sure
that those libraries will come precompiled for the binary
distributions of native Larceny (but not for Petit Larceny
or Common Larceny, because those varieties currently embed
absolute pathnames within compiled files).

Although writing that script is doable by hand, it's hard to
automate the construction of that script because the require
mechanism is so dynamic.  One of the main advantages of the
R6RS library syntax is that the dependencies are statically
evident to the compiler.

Will