[Larceny-users] ERR5RS library form question

William D Clinger will at ccs.neu.edu
Tue Apr 7 20:17:10 EDT 2009

Lynn Winebarger wrote:
> Is there any ready mechanism for dynamically generating the export
> list of a library form from the expansion of the library form itself?

No.

> Would such an added feature be acceptable to the larceny developers?

If the feature were part of some standard, so implementing
the feature would contribute to portability, then we would
certainly consider implementing it.

> Any pitfalls?

Well, I haven't seen the proposed syntax and don't understand
the proposed semantics.

In general, however, implementing nonstandard features tends to
degrade portability.  Larceny has been a pioneer with respect to
some features, such as ERR5RS and allowing multiple libraries in
the same file, and I'm more interested in seeing progress toward
greater portability of those fairly basic features than in plowing
still further ahead by adding even more nonstandard extensions to
Larceny.

Will