[Larceny-users] ERR5RS library form question

Derick Eddington derick.eddington at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 01:24:11 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 22:41 -0400, Lynn Winebarger wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 8:41 PM, Derick Eddington
> <derick.eddington at gmail.com> wrote:
> > [good info clipped]
> >> [*]   Am I the only Schemer who wants this facility?
> >
> > No.  I would like it to portably exist, and I know of others who also
> > do.  IIUC, there was discussion of this issue during the R6RS draft
> > period but "internal import and/or export" weren't adopted in order to
> > "keep things simple".  You may find interesting the thread at:
> > http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.scheme/browse_thread/thread/1ba73b8267304876/7dd876d1532853d6
>
> Good reference.  Aziz's "environment-symbols" and internal
> import/export would simplify using Larceny's "primitives" library
> syntax extension.

JTMI for those who might not know, environment-symbols for Larceny can
be made as:

(define (environment-symbols env)
  (map cadar (environment-bindings env)))

with environment-bindings imported from the non-standard
Larceny-specific library (rnrs eval reflection).

> My footnote was actually referring to the use of qualified field names
> for record access (i.e. x.field1) rather than destructuring by pattern
> matching or explicit procedural access/mutation.

Oh yeah.  Sorry for misconstruing that.

--
: Derick