[Larceny-users] sqlite3 FFI

Peter Keller psilord at cs.wisc.edu
Sun May 25 13:43:58 EDT 2008

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 09:39:28AM -0400, Ray Racine wrote:
> My version of Larceny's FFI inside R6RS Libraries are here.
>
> http://github.com/GreyLensman/rl3/tree/75c05ae3c3e838dace63c18d4c5a95590ed304bb/rl3/ffi

I was able to download ffi-std.sls and foreign-ctools.sls, but before I
could get more libraries to resolve things foreign-ctools.sls needed,
http://github.com appeared to have went down. Maybe you should look
into that.

I'll try again later to get the rest.

> The last caveat is the code is Linux specific.  If you are on Windows
> for examples you would have to add back a few cond-expands from
> Larceny's native version into my ported version.

For now, this is just fine by me.

As for my sqlite3 interface, I'll probably do an api very similar to
the sqlite3 egg for the Chicken scheme compiler.

I do have a question though, since this is r6rs, should I do a naming convention
like:

sqlite3-open
OR
sqlite3/open
OR
sqlite3:open

or, just use:

open

and let the person bringing in the library set a prefix for whatever they
want for the functions and symbols the library exports?

The "open" case is interesting, but it gets annoying if those symbols collide
with something already in the environment.

> I'm open to any and all options regarding the RL3 code.

Thank you for writing it, so far it looks like it'll meet my needs (once I get
the rest of it).

-pete