[Larceny-users] sqlite3 FFI

Ray Racine ray.racine at comcast.net
Wed May 21 20:30:38 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 16:49 -0500, Peter Keller wrote:

> I'm new to larceny and have chosen to use it for a project because it
> supports R6RS. How can I figure out what SRFIs are supported in R6RS mode
> (any?) and specifically is there an sqlite3 R6RS library? If an FFI is
> available and reasonably documented, I'd be willing to produce a sqlite3
> wrapping library for larceny.

I can vouch that the FFI implementation itself is nicely done, flexible
and robust.

I have used the FFI to do a bit of binding to libusb for USB device
listing and status, as well as a near complete binding to the IBM MQ CLI
client library[1] and a number of miscellaneous Linux O/S apis.

[1] The MQ stuff was tragically lost on an office to home repository
migration. I still have nightmares about that little incident.