[Larceny-users] freezing for garbage collection?

David Rush kumoyuki at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 15:27:00 EST 2008

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 7:02 PM, William D Clinger <will at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:

> With Larceny's current garbage collectors, there is no
> way to avoid an occasional long pause, but at least some
> of the settings suggested above should make those pauses
> less frequent.

Given that Larceny was originally meant to be a platform for trying various
GC schemes (no pun intended) is it perhaps time to find a gifted student in
need of a senior project to write a bounded-incremental collector? My read
of the literature is that such a collector is a fairly well-solved
problem...

david rush
--
Once you label me, you negate me