[Larceny-users] Larceny 0.961 build annoyances

David Rush kumoyuki at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 02:56:50 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 1:33 AM, Jed Davis <jdev at panix.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 07:47:31PM +0100, David Rush wrote:
>> I don't know what it is with my Debian systems, but I seem to have
>> endless problems building Larceny on them. My latest round has
>> occurred with the 0.961 source code tarball. I can't use the binary
>> release because of libc incompatibility with my Debian Etch release,
>
> Let's see... Etch seems to have glibc 2.3.6, according to
> packages.debian.org, and:
> whether that's the only issue preventing use on older systems.

Not to whine or anything, but Etch was only promoted to Debian stable
on 17 Feb 2008. I do realize that Debian doesn't have the world's
fastest release cycle, but four months seems pretty recent. But
rebuilding the runtime to work on the current stable Debian wasn't a
problem. The part I really don't understand is why everything except
heap-building seems to work correctly in the build process.

david rush
--
GPG Public key at http://cyber-rush.org/drr/gpg-public-key.txt