[Larceny-users] Stupid newbie or a bug?

William D Clinger will at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Jul 2 04:09:18 EDT 2008

Jon Wells wrote:
> (buffer-mode mode) doesn't seem to work. I futzed to no avail.

This is our bug (#540):

https://trac.ccs.neu.edu/trac/larceny/ticket/540

It's fixed in our development version, but we haven't
put out a new release since it's been fixed.

Three possible workarounds:

1.  Write '<mode> instead of (buffer-mode <mode>).
2.  Change lib/R6RS/rnrs.sls and lib/R6RS/rnrs/io.sls
    as shown in changeset:5485 at
    https://trac.ccs.neu.edu/trac/larceny/changeset/5485
3.  Download the current development version of lib/R6RS
    following the instructions at
    https://trac.ccs.neu.edu/trac/larceny/wiki/SvnHttpCheckout

I recommend workaround 1, because the buffer-mode syntax
of the R6RS is entirely gratuitous.

With workarounds 2 or 3, you'll have to recompile the
R6RS runtime and libraries after you've made the changes.

Will