[Larceny-users] Another wee FFI question

David Rush kumoyuki at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 18:22:31 EST 2008

I have wrapped libfcgi in a slightly more lisp-friendly garment, but I've
had difficulties getting the Apache server to find the shared object when I
run my C test harness in the web-root. So I've become curious about the fate
of DLLs referenced through the (foreign-file "foo.so") form when you dump
the Larceny heap.

I imagine it would be too much to hope that it will all magically work? I
presume it's something more like that you must bind the .so and the foreign
functions at run-time, each time - but a precise description of the rules
would help.

(I didn't see an obvious answer to this in the source tree docs, so a
pointer to my blind spot would also be appreciated)

david rush
--
Once you label me, you negate me
   - Soren Kierkegaard