[Larceny-users] ANF size error with 0.97b1

William D Clinger will at ccs.neu.edu
Tue Dec 9 17:53:41 EST 2008

Marco Maggi (and I hope I typed it right this time!) wrote:
> Is it something to report as a bug?

The "ANF size:" reports come from the compiler, and
provide an estimate of the code size.  Those messages
were added to help us track down some performance
bugs in compiler optimization.

They shouldn't be generated in R6RS mode, so that is
indeed a bug.  It would probably be better for me to
file that bug report.

> (I failed to understand how to
> load Larceny's SRFIs from "larceny -r6rs", I
> will have to read the guide more carefully.)

SRFI 41 is the only SRFI that Larceny v0.97b1 supports
in R6RS mode.  We expect to add a bunch of SRFIs as
R6RS libraries after SRFI 97 becomes final, which is
expected to happen soon.

Will