[Larceny-users] recursive lists and C-c problems

Marco Maggi marco.maggi-ipsu at poste.it
Mon Dec 8 15:33:29 EST 2008

"will at ---" wrote:
>Marco Maggi wrote:
>>   I am new to Larceny (10 minutes) taking a look at
>> larceny-0.963-bin-native-ia32-linux86)
>
>v0.97b1 is newer and should have fewer bugs.

Is it also still open to very small non-language
related changes?

> The R6RS does not specify any finite notation for
> circular pseudo-lists [...] Attempts to print
> circular pseudo-lists in R6RS-conforming
> systems should result in infinite output.

Fine. But is there a switch that makes larceny print
some non-infinite output in
R6RS-compatible-mode-for-everything-else?

>> After hitting C-c, I see that the debugger is here
>> and I can exit it with "q". And I am left with a prompt?
>
>Yes.  It isn't a very useful prompt, since nothing is
>in scope, but it's a prompt.

Nothing is in scope until I issue "(import (rnrs))",
then I do what I want with escalated privileges.

> Although Larceny checks for accidental
> problems with the R6RS top-level program and libraries
> being executed, it does not even try to guard against
> malicious manipulation of the program and libraries.

It would suffice to have a command line switch that
makes the process exit whenever an exception is not
blocked.

--
Marco Maggi

"Now feel the funk blast!"
Rage Against the Machine - "Calm like a bomb"