[Larceny-users] Larceny basics

Felix felixluser at pnkfx.org
Sat Sep 1 12:20:26 EDT 2007

Dan-

On Sep 1, 2007, at 12:07 PM, Dan Muresan wrote:

> I think the simplest solution in Larceny is to write a (require-for-
> syntax) macro, perhaps based on your expanding-the-source approach.

Right.  My attempt to implement such a strategy is described on the
ExtendingRequire wiki page.  I came very close to getting it working,
but in the end I gave up because of cases like this:

(define-syntax foo
   (syntax-rules ()
     ((_) (require-at-expansion-time 'foo))))

(foo)

This is an example of sort of thing referred to by the "Update as of
June 13, 2006" on the ExtendingRequire page, though a much more
common example, as stated by the "Update", is the cond-expand form
from SRFI-0.

-Felix