[Larceny-users] Building Larceny 0.94 from source

William D Clinger will at ccs.neu.edu
Sun Oct 7 22:32:09 EDT 2007

David Rush wrote:

> Goes pretty smoothly right up until I get the message
>
> Error: make:make: Don't know how to make src/Lib/Common/ecodes.lop
>
> I was building from the tarball, not SVN. Was something missed in
> the packaging?

Unlikely, assuming you're building a native version of
Larceny.  There is only one source tarball, and I just
confirmed that the source in that tarball builds completely
from scratch using the public binary release of Larceny
0.94 on both Solaris and Linux.

A more complete bug report would be appreciated.  What
kind of machine are you using?  What OS?  What kind of
Larceny are you trying to build?  Exactly what did you
do to attempt the build?

Here, for example, is the rebuild.sch file I use to
build Larceny from source on Solaris:

----

(load "setup.sch")
(setup 'scheme: 'larceny 'host: 'solaris 'native)
(build-config-files)
(load-compiler)

(build-heap)
;(build-runtime)
;(build-executable)

(build-larceny-files)
(build-twobit)                 ; probably unnecessary except for Petit

(exit)

----

Had I known what you are trying to do, I'd have sent
you the rebuild.sch file I use to do exactly what
you're trying to do.

Will