[Larceny-users] ERR5RS FFI

Felix felixluser at pnkfx.org
Thu Nov 22 15:14:20 EST 2007

Ray-

On Nov 22, 2007, at 5:11 PM, Ray Racine wrote:

> I don't see an easy out other then defining a full blown
>
> (library
>   (larceny ffi)
>    ...)
>
> and porting the syntax transformers such as define-c-info
> transforms to
> syntax-case/rules.

I also do not see an immediate alternative to this approach.

The porting process should not be so bad, however, because Andre Van
Tonder's expander has support for defining procedural macros based on
explicit renaming.  Larceny's procedural macros are also based on
explicit renaming.  So there should not be too much of a learning
curve for doing the ports.

(There may even be some clever way to combine an include facility
with the explicit renaming system to define simple wrapper libraries
that include the source text from the current files in lib/FFI and
lib/Standard that define syntax transformers.)

-Felix