[Larceny-users] Update of libraries and syntax-case available

AndrevanTonder andre at het.brown.edu
Tue Jun 26 12:16:28 EDT 2007

I have made available an updated version of my r6rs libraries
and syntax-case reference implementation at:

   http://www.het.brown.edu/people/andre/macros/index.html

Updates:

  - code no longer depends on the non-r5rs assumption of letrec* semantics for
    internal definitions.
  - added Larceny, MzScheme and Chez compatibility files.
  - procedure ex:expand-file provided, that can be used as an r6rs front end
    to an existing r5rs compiler.  Libraries and toplevel programs may be in
    separate files or in the same file, and may be separately or jointly
    expanded or compiled.  Interface is
    (ex:expand-file source-filename target-filename dependency ...)
    The dependencies must list the already expanded files
    containing libraries to be imported.
  - added examples and scripts for separate and joint compilation in examples.scm
  - replaced uses of define-struct by uses of srfi-9.
  - export-levels of identifiers in standard libraries made consistent with 5.95,
    although I think 5.95 is still wrong on this.
  - ... and _ disallowed as literals, although I think 5.95 is wrong on this.
  - removed requirement that toplevel program should end with expression.
  - removed unused "level" argument in expanded library visiting and
    instantiation code.
  - fixed bug that prevented certain redefinitions in toplevel repl (begin ...)
    sequences.
  - changed contract-violation -> assertion-violation.
  - added (r6rs control) to standard libraries.
  - fixed bug that prevented shadowing of macro keywords by later variable
    definitions at repl toplevel.

Andre