[Larceny-users] directory-files

Felix Klock felixluser at pnkfx.org
Mon Jan 29 22:45:48 EST 2007

On Jan 29, 2007, at 5:18 AM, Sven.Hartrumpf at FernUni-Hagen.de wrote:

> Is there a function in Larceny like
>
> http://www.shiro.dreamhost.com/scheme/wiliki/schemexref.cgi?
> directory-files
>
> I have searched the Larceny svn tree but could not find anything.

To my knowledge, there is not such a function in Larceny.

Which is unfortunate because it is not easy to write such a function
with the primitives offered by (native and Petit) Larceny.  The only
options I can think of are to either go through the FFI to implement
your own routine to do directory listings, or invoke the system
procedure with a command string like "dir > tmp-file" and then if
you're lucky, you can parse the resulting file.

It would not be unreasonable to open a ticket requesting this feature
to be added to Larceny.  But before doing so, please note the last
paragraph of: http://www.r6rs.org/formal-comments/comment-124.txt

-Felix