[Larceny-users] really long build time for larceny heap?

William D Clinger will at ccs.neu.edu
Sun Dec 30 16:29:42 EST 2007

> Is this an outrageous build time?

Yes.  On that machine, a complete build shouldn't take
more than ten minutes.  Probably more like five.

I'd guess the build is in an infinite loop.  It prints
messages during the build, so you should be able to see
where it's getting stuck.  Please let me know.

> I'm only doing this because I have a GLIBC mismatch with the binary distro.
> could I just grab a heap from an existing binary build and get on with it?

I'm not sure what you're asking.  If you're just trying
to rebuild the larceny.bin runtime, which is mostly
written in C, then yes you should be able to rebuild
that while using a heap image from the binary distribution.

Ray Racine found a nasty bug (ticket #519).  I'd have
prepared new binary distributions by now, but the Linux
machine that hosts Larceny's web site is down and I don't
think anyone will be in to fix it until 2 January.

Will