[Larceny-users] really long build time for larceny heap?

David Rush kumoyuki at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 06:06:32 EST 2007

Hi there -

'top' tells me that my build of the larceny heap has been running for 43
minutes now. That seems a little bit long to me. In fact there's supposed to
be a watchdog that kills process that have run longer than 5 minutes, but
top is telling me that larceny.bin is getting like 90%+ CPU on this shared
machine.

Anyway, I'm not really sure what the hardware spec is on my shared-hosting
provider, but /proc/cpuinfo tells me it's a dual-core AMD Opteron that gets
2189 bogomips per core. Is this an outrageous build time?

david
--
Once you label me, you negate me
   - Soren Kierkegaard