[Cs5500] [Cs4800] MMG Tournament Nov 29 - Results

Madhuvanthi Balasubramanian balasubramanian.m at husky.neu.edu
Wed Nov 30 09:10:26 EST 2011

David,

There were 6 avatars that were kicked out every round for proposing null
values as claims.
When it was their turn to propose first in a game and they propose null
values ,there was no way that the game could go on. The other avatar has
nothing to respond to.
So these games were never recorded, because these kicked-out avatars threw
exceptions and prevented the game from proceeding.

But in cases where these avatars played second, there was atleast one claim
made by the avatar that played first and so the game was recorded and the
second avatar was kicked out.
When it comes to the question of fairness, I believe it is still fair,
because every avatar got to play equal number of matches against every
other avatar (except Starbuck who I believe had signed out somewhere in the
middle of the game).

As to generating history files for games where avatars propose null values
the very first time , I'll look into the issue and keep you posted.

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 11:51 PM, David Richards <dirich at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:

> It seems my avatar only played 30 matches, but with 18 opponents and two
> matches per opponent it
> should have had 36.  Even the winning avatars didn't play the full 36
> games.
>
> -David
>
> On Nov 29, 2011, at 11:45 PM, Madhuvanthi Balasubramanian wrote:
>
> > Hello Everyone,
> >
> > The tournament is complete and the results are posted at :
> >
> http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/lieber/courses/se-courses/cs5500/f11/projects/project-page/MMG_CountingTournament_Nov29/
> >
> > The top 3 avatars are :
> >
> > 5150   93.0
> > reptar2        93.0
> > milo   90.0
> >
> > I am not sure if all avatars ran till the end. I had atleast one student
> who said she had to leave the lab by 11.
> > So please check the history files of your respective avatars and let us
> know if your avatar has not run against any avatar.
> > Reading raw history files also helps find out if an avatar ran till the
> end or was kicked out of a game.
> > I am bringing the admin down, so please use the link given above to
> browse through the history files.
> >
> > --
> >  Thanks
> > - Madhu