[Cs5500] Fwd: CS4800 HSR tournament question

Madhuvanthi Balasubramanian balasubramanian.m at husky.neu.edu
Mon Nov 28 22:23:36 EST 2011

Ravi,

The message is displayed (as the reason says) when an avatar takes too long
to respond to a claim or an instance. This is  an implementation issue with
the avatar so the playground has no way of knowing what's going on with the
avatar.
One thing the student can do is add print statements in his avatar code so
he would know which method causes his avatar to time out. I've seen it
happen sometimes when some method in the avatar runs in an infinite loop.
He could also run test tournaments in his local machine, that way he could
see if some message is printed in the admin's terminal.
Hope this helps.

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 9:45 PM, Ravishankar Rajagopal <
rajagopal.r at husky.neu.edu> wrote:

> Team,
>
> Can you please help me understand why the timing out happens and could
> that possibly affect assessing how good an avatar is? Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Ravi Rajagopal

 Thanks
- Madhu