[Cs5500] comparing smart histories

Karl Lieberherr lieber at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Nov 23 08:20:30 EST 2011

Hi Tuba and Nanda:

Your smart history auditor will take on a third important role
(besides checking checking tournaments and passing smart histories
to avatars): comparing smart histories.

We need this for regression testing. Consider a tournament
between 3 deterministic avatars which runs perfectly
and has correct smart history SH1.
We perform maintenance to SCG Court, like improving an interface
or an algorithm which should produce an identical tournament.
We run the tournament again and created smart history SH2.

Your tool will tell us whether SH1=SH2. DemeterF generates the
equal method automatically.

Please test the equal method and make sure that doubles are compared
correctly.

Prepare a regression test for tournaments for HSR and for MMG.
Prepare a deterministic tournament with 2 deterministic avatars.
Run the tournament and check the history manually. Run the tournament
again and compare the smart histories.

Turn this into a script that we use for future regression tests.