[Cs5500] Fwd: Change list

Karl Lieberherr lieber at ccs.neu.edu
Fri Nov 18 11:27:38 EST 2011

Hi Karan:

I am happy about the progress being made. Those changes all make SCG
Court more useful.

As you know, the users have been active and found more problems in our software:

Urgent items:

1. Reorganization of protocol checking. Srinivas has been attacking
this with Ahmed. Ahmed proposed
a reorganization. We have a more general protocol language with which
we can express refutation,
strengthening and agreement protocols. Then we have only one
ProtocolInterpreter that can interpret
this more general language.

While this is an important simplification of the current software, the
claim objects become more complex:
They not only contain a refutation protocol but also a strengthening
protocol and an agreement protocol.
We will have a list of available strengthening and agreement protocols
from which the playground
design can choose.

Does this make sense?

2. The HSR playground is broken (valid function is wrong).

3. The MMG playground needs to be carefully tested regarding proper
handling of all floating point computations.

Those 3 items have been in our hands since the beginning of the
semester but they only come to light now.
Because of our users.

Please make a plan on how to address those issues.

Srinivas and Ahmed get 1. in order.

-- Karl