[Cs5500] Learning from history

Karl Lieberherr lieber at ccs.neu.edu
Sun Nov 13 06:27:29 EST 2011

The SmartHistory class that Tuba and Nanda are working on for the community
auditor will get a second central use:we want the avatars to be better
informed about what happened in the past. We give them access to a
SmartHistory-object.
This opens the opportunity for more intelligent behavior. When you defend a
claim, it is useful to see past defenses or refutations for that claim.

For example, we give them a SmartHistory-object for the most recent
defenses of claims in the current welfare claims. Or we give them access to
the SmartHistory-object of an entire tournament as it is evolving.

Questions:
What is the best way to make a SmartHistory-object available
to an avatar?

What is the "return-on-investment" for this feature?

What information should be put into the smart history?

To be discussed in class: Analysis, Design, Implementation.

-- Karl