[Cs5500] [Cs4800] How does scoring work?

Karl Lieberherr lieber at ccs.neu.edu
Tue Nov 8 23:48:09 EST 2011

Hi David:

you have found exactly the right spot where things go wrong. Thank you for
finding the root cause for the wrong behavior. I apologize for all those
bugs
that come out now.

It is not for lack of testing: we had testing projects; we implemented
three playgrounds
and run tournaments in them with avatars written by the graduate students.
But nobody noticed this behavior. We even had a teaching avatar
in those playgrounds that was supposed to win always against the baby
avatar and that worked too.

The graduate class needs to repair this which means we cannot have the
counting tournament on
Wednesday night.

Hold on to your avatars and we will inform the class soon after we have
made a plan to repair the bugs.
Get your solve function into good shape in the mean-time.

-- Karl