[Cs5500] Avatar Failed

Karl Lieberherr lieber at ccs.neu.edu
Sun Nov 6 21:48:47 EST 2011

Hi Madhu:

interesting. The avatar is a black box to us. It gets a request and we
expect a timely response. If the response is untimely, we should say so.
If we get a response, we analyze it carefully.
If it does not parse, we tell them the first error.
If it parses, but a proposed claim is illegal, we tell them which.
if not all claims are opposed, ...
if a provided instance does not belong to the instance set, ...

Please can you check that all those issues are properly blamed.

This is a high priority issue because if the students don't get targeted
feedback,
debugging becomes much more difficult. I have opened a discussion group.

http://blackboard.neu.edu/webapps/portal/frameset.jsp?tab_tab_group_id=null&url=%2Fwebapps%2Fblackboard%2Fexecute%2Flauncher%3Ftype%3DCourse%26id%3D_671472_1%26url%3D

-- Karl