[Cs5500] Change in MMG Avatars

Madhuvanthi Balasubramanian balasubramanian.m at husky.neu.edu
Fri Oct 14 21:06:51 EDT 2011

Team Dexter and Knight,

          Since the protocol has now been changed , there are a few changes
you need to do, before running your avatars for the MMG Playground.

          1. Copy the 3 files I have sent, on to the protocol directory.
Overwrite the previous ForAllExists class.
          2. This change will cause errors in all avatars (mmg, hsr, csp,
nwf) since all of them refer to ForAllExists. For the MMG Avatar, the new
protocol would be ForAllExistsMax and you would want to update this in the
beh file, in the oppose and propose functions. In all other avatars, the
protocol is ForAllExistsMin.
          3. Once the beh files are updated, generate the corresponding
class files through demeterf and copy them over to the MMGAvatar directory
inside gen.
          4. Host a tournament locally on your machine, using the
configuration file that Karan had sent this evening. There are 3 important
changes - the protocol is ForAllExistsMax, the numberofRounds is 5 and
minStrengthening is 0.001. We decided to use 3 precisions instead of 2 since
that will supply a wide range of values.
         5.  Run an admin and 2 avatars that follow ForAllExistsMax
protocol. Make sure the history files are being generated.
         6. Now upload the package to a CCIS server.
         7. There's a tournament scheduled on tvtennis at 11.32 pm today.
You could participate if you have made all these changes. You'd have to sign
up first.
         8. If not, there will be more tournaments tomorrow morning, and you
can join them.
         9. In any case , we will run a minimum of 5 tournaments before we
give the playground to undergrads. So please get your baby avatars ready to
play tomorrow.
--
 Thanks
- Madhu