[Cs5500] Discussion about teaching avatar and subproject 4

Tugba Koc tkoc at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Oct 12 17:33:04 EDT 2011

 Hi All,

 Our team discussed how the teaching avatar should behave. What we need to do for subproject 1.

   Teaching Avatar : Difference between teacher avatar and clever avatar is that the teacher avatar
   may propose a claim that`s right but not the best (optimum) claim (between 0 and 0.61 for MMG
   to encourage student to provide a better claim). In the last round, our teacher avatar can provide
   the best claim. In oppose, we need to strengthen the claim a little bit but not directly to the
   optimum claim (we can strengthen the claim by a random number between the best claim and their
   claim).

 For subproject 4 (letting users define playgrounds ), we thought that the solution could be like below
 but should be more specific :

   We can provide some templates for the playground users to define their own playground. We can have
   a web interpreter for users to write their playground definition. In that case, our scg system source
   is not open to users.

 What do you guys think?