[Cs5500] API Design

Karl Lieberherr lieber at ccs.neu.edu
Thu Oct 6 11:33:57 EDT 2011

When I woke up, I saw that there is a wrinkle in the design for
protocols for SCG Court.
ForAllExists is useful for both minimization and maximization problems.

But in our current ForAllExists.java, we have:

 if(i.quality(solution) <= claimedQuality){
                                        return 1; //Refutation fails.

which is appropriate for a minimization problem.
But MMG is a maximization problem (once i is known).

We need two things:

1. What is an appropriate work-around that we can use immediately and that
we can use in our release to the undergraduate class.

2. What would be a good long-term solution to improve the API of SCG court?
There are some principles to follow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAb7hSCtvGw
in good API design.

Send your responses (one per team) to this mailing list for discussion.