[Cs5500] A small question about Cheating

Karl Lieberherr lieber at ccs.neu.edu
Sun Sep 25 16:58:11 EDT 2011

Hi Haoran:

you are right: the minStrengthening constant in the playground has a
big influence on the avatar behavior.
When you propose the claim k(0.61), it will be impossible to
strengthen it. Because k(0.62) is false.

For future tournaments we should rethink the role of minStrengthening.

The key issue is that you program into your avatar a function that
maps x to y such that your claim is defended. We call this a defense
strategy.

You can also propose k(0.618033988) and the others will not be able to
strengthen it. They can only agree with you. But then both must be
able to defend.