[Cs5500] New Design For OpposeAction

Paarth Chothani chothani.p at husky.neu.edu
Sat Mar 19 16:27:48 EDT 2011

Hi Folks,

While doing implementation, we (BostonChargers) found that the design of
OpposeActions was not proper as, we had to iterate over "oppose"
<claimsToOppose> List(Claim) in the request to find out the claims which
have been strengthened, opposed & agreed.

Here is our new design for OpposeAction:

OpposeAction = "strengthen" List(Claim) "refuting" List(Claim) "agree"
List(Claim)

where List(Claim) for strengthen will contain claims with updated qualities

List(Claim) for refute will contain the list of claims refuted

List(Claim) for agree will contain list of agreed claims

The advantage of having such design is that there is no need to iterate over
the "oppose"  <claimsToOppose> List(Claim) to figure out which claims have
been strengthened, opposed & agreed.

Please let us know about this design change ASAP.

--
Sincerely,
Paarth Chothani

Northeastern University.