[Cs5500] Strange behavior of FullyQualifiedClassName.print

rashmi nayak rashmin at ccs.neu.edu
Tue Mar 1 16:46:04 EST 2011

Hi all,

The code below:

FullyQualifiedClassName fcn = FullyQualifiedClassName.parse(
"hsr.protocol.Positive");
System.out.println(fcn.print());

gives:
"hsr.protocol .Positive"

Note the space after protocol. Because of this behavior the finishParse()
method of Claim gives a ClassNotFoundException as it cannot find a class
with qualified name "hsr.protocol .Positive". as protocol class name.

However the definition of FullyQualifiedClassName in scg.cd looks fine.

FullyQualifiedClassName = <name> ident <rest> List(Qualifier).
Qualifier = "." <name> ident.

So my temporary solution was to change the part of finishParse() method in
claim from

String className = getProtocolClassName().print().trim();

String className = getProtocolClassName().print().replaceAll(" ", "");

Please let me know if anyone is facing similar problem or if I have
misunderstood something.

Thanks,
Rashmi