[Cs4800] Counting tournament tonight at 10 pm

Dennis Zografos dzog at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Nov 14 21:52:26 EST 2011

I was about to type out this whole long-winded response, but Greg
boiled it down quite nicely:

> TL;DR: Tonight's scoring system isn't perfect but I think the issue is
> minor

This system is miles away from being "not fair at all".

It's true round-robin. With disqualifications, for serious rule breaking.

Yes, players who "boot" others are *slightly* disadvantaged, in that
everybody gains "their" advantage.

But remember, ejection only happens for egregiously bad scientific
behavior.  In practice, good avatars generally do not "cause" invalid
avatars to be booted.  If all the warm-up tournaments are any indication,
ejected avatars tend to be fundamentally broken, and would be
disqualified playing any valid avatar.

Yes, ideally, keeping in avatars would improve score granularity.

But this is NOT "unfair".

Best of luck in the tournament,

-Dennis