[Cs4800] Tonight's Tournament

David Richards dirich at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Nov 7 22:49:55 EST 2011

Since our grade is based on how well we do in these tournaments, could we have
some more insight into how they're actually scored?

Why is it that according to the smart histories, strengthening a claim doesn't give any
points to the person who strengthened? Below is the output of a game where wkn32
correctly strengthened two of pumpkinSpice's proposals (remember that the opposer and
proposer labels are backwards in the smart histories) and agreed with the final one.  However
pumpkinSpice is for some reason awarded more reputation points than wkn32.

Also, why is it that when two avatars agree, the "Bob" in the situation is usually awarded the win,
although sometimes (as in the example below) no one gets a win and no one has to produce
a solution?

Thanks,
-David Richards