[Cs4800] [CS4800] HW6 confusion

Karl Lieberherr lieber at ccs.neu.edu
Thu Oct 27 22:25:07 EDT 2011

Hi Alex:

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 1:34 PM, Alex Metzger <asm at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:

> Professor Lieberherr,
> I've been starting to work on Homework 6 and I'm getting slightly confused
> by some of the language you have posted. For example, in the interface
> InstanceI you reference the type SolutionI, which I can't find anywhere else
> in the document. I'd like to be sure that my code actually compiles, would
> it be possible to have the signatures for this interface as well? Or should
> we replace references to InstanceI with the abstract class HSRSolution?

You are right, the two occurrences of SolutionI should be replaced by
HSRSolution. I have made that change.
Sorry about missing that in the first round.

> I'm also just generally getting confused with the actual signatures of the
> methods you'd like to see implemented. Would it be possible to see the full
> java signatures of the classes referenced in the language as well? That
> would help greatly in clarifying what the methods should accept as input for
> the next homework.

 I feel that giving the generated classes now would be confusing. I have
added additional comments
how the structural notation is mapped onto code. I have added the classes to
which the methods you
write should belong to.

In any case, it should be really easy to put your code into the baby avatar
you get in the next homework.

-- Karl