[Colloq] REMINDER: PhD Proposal - Vasilis Papavasileiou - Mathematical Programming Modulo Theories - Wed Sept. 3rd, 3pm, 164 WVH

Jessica Biron bironje at ccs.neu.edu
Tue Sep 2 14:27:49 EDT 2014

Speaker : Vasilis Papavasileiou
Title : Mathematical Programming Modulo Theories
Date : Wednesday, September 3
Time : 3:00pm to 4:00pm
Location : 164WVH (note change)

Abstract:

We present the Mathematical Programming Modulo Theories (MPMT) constraint solving framework. MPMT enhances Mathematical Programming technology by integrating techniques from the field of Automated Reasoning, e.g., solvers for first-order theories. We study the theoretical aspects of MPMT by means of the Branch and Cut Modulo T

(BC(T)) transition system. BC(T) can be thought of as a blueprint for MPMT solvers. We outline classes of first-order theories that BC(T) can accommodate. We discuss the design and implementation of a BC(T)-based solver for MPMT. Finally, we explore applications in aerospace and databases.

Committee:
- Pete Manolios (advisor)
- Eugene Goldberg
- Mirek Riedewald
- Thomas Wahl
- Leonardo de Moura (external member, Microsoft Research)

Proposal Web Page:

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/vpap/proposal.html