[Colloq] Colloquium

Francoise Niang fniang at ccs.neu.edu
Thu Oct 31 16:50:15 EDT 2013

Talk: November 1st, 2013 11AM

In 366 WVH, 11am.

Berk Sunar, WPI.

Title:
Homomorphic Encryption based on NTRU

Abstract:

In this talk we first present a brief introduction to fully homomorphic encryption. The talk proceeds with new implementation results for the Alt-Lopez, Tromer, Vaikuntanathan (LTV) fully homomorphic encryption scheme. More specifically, first we discuss the parameter selection problem for this NTRU variant. Later we discuss specialized optimizations for our batched LTV implementation. We share implementation results on a CPU platform and preliminary results for an ASIC implementation.

Brief Biography:

Berk Sunar received his BSc degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Middle East Technical University in 1995 and his Ph.D.
degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) from Oregon State University in December 1998. After briefly working as a member of the research faculty at Oregon State University, Sunar has joined Worcester Polytechnic Institute as an Assistant Professor. Since July 2006, he is serving as an Associate Professor. He is currently heading the Vernam Security Laboratory (vernam.wpi.edu). Sunar received the National Science Foundation CAREER award in 2002. He was the co-editor of CHES
2005 and WAIFI 2007 and is currently serving as an associate editor for the IEEE Transactions on Computers. His research interests include efficient cryptography and hardware security. Sunar is a member of the IEEE Computer Society, and the International Association of Cryptologic Research (IACR) professional societies.

--Engin