[Colloq] Dimitris Vardoulakis Thesis Proposal Presentation

panarese at ccs.neu.edu panarese at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Apr 11 09:02:32 EDT 2011

The College of Computer and Information Science presents:

Thesis Proposal Presentation:

Speaker: Dimitris Vardoulakis

Date: April 11, 2011 (Monday) at 1:00 PM
Where: WVH 366

Thesis title: CFA2: Pushdown Flow Analysis for Higher-Order Languages

Abstract:

For my dissertation, I propose CFA2, a pushdown flow analysis for higher-order languages. CFA2 provides unbounded call/return matching in the presence of hard-to-analyze language features, such as first-class functions, tail recursion and first-class control. I demonstrate that call/return mismatch is the main reason for the limitations of existing analyses that are based on control-flow graphs, such as k-CFA. Therefore, CFA2 address all these limitations and is more suitable than control-flow graphs for higher-order flow analysis.

Thesis committee:

Olin Shivers (advisor)
Matthias Felleisen
Mitchell Wand
Alex Aiken (ext. member, Stanford University)