[Colloq] Talk - Friday Feb. 20 4pm - Joshua Brody

Rachel Kalweit rachelb at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Feb 18 16:34:14 EST 2009

Talk, Friday, Feb 20, 4:00PM in 366 WVH

Speaker: Joshua Brody

Title:  Some Applications of Communication Complexity

Abstract:
Communication Complexity has been used to prove
lower bounds in a wide variety of domains, from the
theoretical (circuit lower bounds) to the practical
(streaming algorithms, computer security).

In this talk, we present new results for two
communication problems. We begin with a new lower
bound for the communication complexity of multiparty
pointer jumping. In the second half of the talk, we
give several new results for distributed functional
monitoring problems.

Part of this talk is joint work with Amit
Chakrabarti and Chrisil Arackaparambil.

Host: Emanuele Viola