[Colloq] Sanjit Chatterjee, Friday, April 28

Rachel Kalweit rachelb at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Apr 24 11:01:12 EDT 2006

College of Computer and Information Science Colloquium

Presents a talk by:
Sanjit Chatterjee
Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata

Who will speak on:
"Generalization of the Selective-ID Security Model for HIBE Protocols"

Friday, April 28, 2006
12:00pm

We generalize the selective-ID security model for HIBE by introducing
two new security models. Both these models allow the adversary to commit
to a set of identities and in the challenge phase choose any one of the
previously committed identities. Two constructions of HIBE are presented
which are secure in the two models. One of the HIBE constructions
supports an unbounded number of levels, i.e., the maximum number of
levels does not need to be specified during the set-up. Further, we show
that this HIBE can be modified to obtain a multiple receiver IBE which
is secure in the selective-ID model without the random oracle assumption.

Host: Ravi Sundaram