[Colloq] PhD Thesis Proposal - Feng Zhu, TODAY, 2pm

Rachel Kalweit rachelb at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Dec 14 09:45:07 EST 2005

PhD Thesis Proposal

SPEAKER: Feng Zhu
TIME: Wednesday, Dec 14, 2 pm
PLACE: 366 West Village H
TITLE: On the Design and Analysis of Efficient Group Key Management
Schemes for Secure Multicast

Abstract:
Multicast communication provides an efficient means of delivering data to
a large group of users. Secure multicast schemes normally require the use
of symmetric key crypto system, where all legitimate users share a secret
group key. My dissertation concentrates on the design and analysis of
efficient group key management schemes for secure multicast. We propose an
optimal key tree structure for batch rekeying. We analyze and design a
group key management schemes with guaranteed performance. An adaptive
system for group key management is implemented. We analyze the
routing-aware optimal key distribution tree structure. We also discuss the
design of a logical key hierarchy for distributed group key management.

Thesis proposal committee:
Prof. Agnes Hui Chan (Advisor)
Prof. Rajmohan Rajaraman
Prof. Guevara Noubir
Prof. Guang Gong (University of Waterloo)