[Colloq] PhD Comprehensive Exam: Jiangzhuo Chen, Monday, May 9, 1pm

Rachel Kalweit rachelb at ccs.neu.edu
Wed May 4 15:40:43 EDT 2005

College of Computer and Information Science presents

PhD Comprehensive Exam:
Jiangzhuo Chen

Title:
Confluent Flows

Monday, May 9, 2005
1:00pm

This dissertation concerns the design of algorithms for finding
confluent flows in networks. A flow in a network is confluent if at any
node all the  flow leaves along a single edge. We motivate the notion of
confluence by presenting various network applications and establish a
model for its study. We formulate several interesting problems in this
model and obtain results for some of them. We discuss some key results
and present our plans for future research and completion of this
dissertation.

DISSERTATION COMMITTEE:

Agnes Chan (NU)
Sanjeev Khanna (University of Pennsylvania)
Rajmohan Rajaraman (Advisor, NU)
Ravi Sundaram (Co-Advisor, NU)
Anil Vullikanti (Los Alamos National Labs)