[Colloq] Seminar Nov. 22 on AOSD

Karl Lieberherr lieber at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Nov 17 12:48:40 EST 2004

Demeter Seminar:

You are invited to attend a presentation by Hidehiko on some of
his latest work.

Date and Time: November 22, 9.30 am - 10.30 am, Room 366 WVH (CCIS Seminar
Room)
(http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/wand/directions.html)

Speaker: Hidehiko Masuhara
University of Tokyo

Title: (Towards) Efficient Semantic Pointcuts for Free

Abstract: In aspect-oriented programming languages like AspectJ,
semantic pointcuts, which can specify interesting points by using more
semantics based information, are studied to improve maintainability of
aspects.  As far as we know, current studies either propose new
pointcut primitives or extensible language mechanisms for defining new
pointcut primitives.  We propose a different approach to provide
semantic pointcuts by combining existing language constructs.  In
order to guarantee efficiency, we also plan to provide a compilation
framework that evaluates those semantic pointcuts at compile time.
(Joint work with Tomoyuki Aotani.)